Friday, April 3, 2020


Hi there ladies!  Wow!  It has been a scary few weeks!  And unfortunately, things are still pretty sketchy!  I've been working closely with my board and Mike at Sun Hills.   Mike has decided to open up the course this weekend and give it a go, but there are many restrictions in place.  We were thinking about going ahead and starting the league next Wednesday ..... However, I've spoken to several women on the league and there are quite a few of them that just do not feel safe golfing at this time.  And then yesterday, Davis County issued a mandate for all Davis county residents to stay at home!  With that being said, I've spoken to Mike again, and it has been decided that we will hold off on starting the league for now.  If all goes well, we are hoping to start the first week in May, on May 6th.  But we will let you know for sure when it gets closer. 

After speaking to several ladies, I think the number of ladies we would be getting out right now would be very low.  And we don't want anyone to be rushed into doing something they aren't ready to do.  So, if any of you feel safe doing so, and would like to go play a round of golf, please support Sun Hills.  Mike has met with the Davis County Health Department and is making many changes to make sure it is as safe as it can be.  But if you do decide to give it a go .... please be careful and practice social distancing!  We'd hate for any of you to get sick!

So stay home as much as you can, be smart, and stay healthy.  I will be thinking about you all, and you will all be in my prayers!  I look forward to seeing you all when it is safe to be together!  Maybe, since we are starting the league late this year, we can go a little longer in the fall.  We will discuss it when things get going! 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me a message, send me a text, or give me a call! 

Karen Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment